Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another Rainy Day

I had such a great time with everyone in Boston last week! It made it really hard to come back... and then just to top it off, I went from sunny 90 degree weather to rainy 50 degree weather. But such is life here in London!

While I was back, I got some requests for pictures of the outside of our flat, so here they are! Here's the front door and a little grassy area in between the blocks of flats when you walk out...

and the back patio (now we just need a BBQ).


Right now I'm waiting at home for the guy from British Telecom to come and install a landline so we can get phone and internet. Get ready for this - it's the third appointment he's missed, I have been waiting a total of 5 hours and 23 minutes for this guy to show up and have been on hold with the Company on the phone for 2 hours and 10 minutes. (Dave, thanks for chatting to help pass the time) I'd choose another provider, but there's a monopoly on the phone lines here! I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy against Americans having any means of communication here in the UK. At least we have skype for now!
Here's a quick update on Bobby's end....Even though he has the day off today, he's been at school all day working on a group project. He took a read through the group's rough draft last night and had to call an emergency meeting today. I guess people were quoting Wikipedia (for those of you that don't know, this is a website where pretty much anyone can go on and put information up as "fact") so he had to have a talk saying that its not really acceptable. Good luck with that...
More updates to come soon!

No comments: