Friday, August 10, 2007

Temporary Housing

We finally heard where we'll be staying for our first two weeks in London! Finally. The apartment complex is called "Chelsea Cloisters" and it's right in Kensington, one of the best (and most expensive) parts of the city. We have a fully furnished place, and services include wireless internet, 24 hour concierge and even daily maid service! Maybe we can live there for the entire 2 years? Above is a picture of one of their sample apartments.

The location is probably far from where we'll be living pemanently (it's on the southwest side of the city and our work/school is on the northeast), but it'll be great to be able to explore that area for a few weeks while we get settled! Notting Hill is a borough in Kensington and every year they have a Carnival on the last weekend in August. This year we'll be right in the thick of it - costumes, parades, concerts...what a welcome!

Countdown until we leave: 10 days!

1 comment:

Nes Correnti said...

I am so excited for you!! I'm sorry I missed the going away party - hope you had a great time! Well, I don't know if I mentioned it before but try the Kit Kats in London - the chocolate is so much better. I know you're going to love it there - one of my favorite places in the world (probably second to Paris, which you'll have to visit while you are there).