Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Engaged!

Bobby and I got engaged last Friday night and it has been one big celebration since! He brought me out to dinner at Mistral (my favorite), then asked on the Boston Common and I said "of course!". Then to top it all off, he got a suite at the Custom House Hotel and our families were there waiting to help us celebrate. I called the girls and they immediately came to give us a hug and share a glass of champagne!
Some other memorable moments of the night:
  • Bobby and I re-enacting how it happened, but playing the part of each other
  • The 12 year old kid that cheered for us on the Common after it happened
  • My mentioning that I was planning on marrying Prince William at dinner
  • The delicious fruit pizza that Keri made for us
  • The beautiful flowers that Bobby bought for me
  • I couldn't stop staring at my ring all night!
  • Bobby using the ring box that was his Grandma Svenning's
  • Our hotel room key didn't work at first and we made a quick trip down to the front desk (meanwhile parents are laughing in the room!)

The whole night was so amazing! Now I'm trying as hard as I can to put down the bridal magazines and focus on getting the last minute things done for London. Countdown: 5 days!!!!

No comments: