Monday, September 10, 2007

I miss US customer service

It's my first blog in a while! Work was great last week - I've already gone out to a client on Friday, which of course, meant that we ended the day at the pub! Afterwards, Bobby and I went out to dinner near Bond St (I think this is near where Madonna lives) to a little cafe on an adorable side street. We sat outside because it was a gorgeous night and there was so much going on! The street was packed with people overflowing from the pubs/lounges, the outside tables at each restaurant were filled and there were even belly dancers performing outside at the hooka bar nextdoor - ha!

Saturday we slept in and then I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get internet and a landline setup at our new flat. It turns out the absolute earliest we'll have it is Sept 25th!! Are we spoiled Americans or is this a ridiculous amount of time to be disconnected from the world?! I may not make it. From our experiences so far, it looks like this is the typical customer service in the UK. It's a little bit of a slower pace over here! Afterwards, we did get out for a bit and go to Portobello Road to do some shopping. It's a road right in Notting Hill that's closed on the weekends and has booths of antiques, produce, clothes, household goods, art, anything you could want! We stocked up on fruits and veggies and I got a cute little sweater (oops! over our monthly budget already).

Sunday we continued to fix up our new place. Bobby did some weeding outside on the patio while I "magic erased" the shower....it's starting to look pretty good! Our shipment from the US came in last night, so now we just need to wait for it to clear customs and then we'll begin the unpacking process for the second time.

Bobby's first day of school is today and I'm anxiously awaiting an update! He had his suit and tie picked out last night and laptop bag ready to go. I'm sure he'll write an update tonight or tomorrow!

2 comments:

bino said...

Bobby wearing a suit and tie to class? Dee, I hope you took some "first day of school" pics to document this!

Unknown said...

Dee, is it anything like your shower in Ireland? That needed a magic eraser AND an instruction manual!!